The sector passes a medical review
A recent study carried out by the manufacturer Scania and the Occupational Risk Prevention company Cualtis has analyzed the habits of transport professionals through 27,000 medical examinations of workers between 18 and 65 years old.
Among the conclusions, it should be noted that 60% of carriers never or almost never do any sport. Closely related to this data it is clear that at least 41% of them are overweight and another 32% are obese.
It has also been known that 42% would maintain a healthy diet and their hypertension data is generally similar to that of the rest of the population.
The most common pathologies in these exams are those related to their profession, such as bone and joint problems, something typical of workers who spend a lot of time sitting or standing.
For this reason LIBERTIA wants to align itself with the main associations and sectorial players and promote a healthier lifestyle among professionals in the sector and thus prevent the multiple problems that may occur by promoting the ten tips derived from this study:
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- Eat a varied diet.
- 30 minutes of physical activity a day.
- Sleep for at least 7 hours straight.
- Give up alcohol and tobacco use.
- Avoid stress by strengthening ties with loved ones.
- Go to the medical check-ups of the company.
- Stretch at each regulatory stop. * According to Regulation 561/2006
- Pay attention to the physical signs of fatigue.
- Socialize to take care of the mind.